- 225 grams plain chocolate (45% cocoa solids)
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams self-rising flour
- 175 grams plain chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200 grams full fat cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon custard powder
- 15 grams caster sugar
- 1 medium egg at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 millilitres double cream
- Line a baking tray (22cm x 29cm) with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- To make the brownies; break 225g plain chocolate into small chunks and place them in a heatproof bowl with butter. Place over a pan of simmering water and stir chocolate until it softens. Leave aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture turns pale in color and thickens.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to the eggs. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the flour, salt, 175g chocolate chunks and vanilla extract. Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tray.
- For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese, custard powder, sugar, vanilla extract, cream and egg using an electric whisk on slow speed until it forms a smooth consistency, and all ingredients are well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake mix onto the brownie then using a spatula, fold through the brownie to create swirls.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Original recipe taken from Paul Hollywood’s City Bakes.