- Biscuit Base
- 300g chocolate digestive biscuits (plain or dark)
- 140g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 50g muscovodo sugar
- 500g full-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 350g Galaxy chocolate
- 300ml double cream (heavy cream), chilled
- 85g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 300g White Chocolate
- 300ml pure cream
- To prepare the base
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or with a rolling bin to a fine crumb.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to the biscuits and mix until well combined.
- Tip the biscuit crumbs into a 23cm springform cake tin and press down until firm.
- Use the back of a spoon of glass to smooth over, place in the refrigerator to chill whilst you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Leave to cool only for a few minutes – chocolate stills needs to be slightly warm before adding the remaining cheesecake ingredients later to avoid lumps forming. In a medium mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese with the icing sugar and vanilla until softened. In another mixing bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mix. Finally, fold through the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and smooth over with a spatula or palette knife. Cover and leave to chill for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin and decorate. Best serve chilled. The cheesecake can be made ahead of time, leave it in the tin, covered with cling film for up to 2 days. Leftover slices (if any!) can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Ganache Proportions: These proportions are based on weight. For example, a 1:1 ratio means 4 ounces chocolate to 4 ounces cream.
- Weigh the chocolate: Weigh out the amount of chocolate called for in your recipe. If you aren’t following a recipe, start with a small amount and make more as needed.
- Heat the cream: Pour the cream into a small saucepan and place it over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the cream — it’s not necessary to boil it. It just needs to get hot. The cream is ready when you can place a finger in the cream and keep it there for 3 to 4 seconds. Turn off the flame and remove the cream from the stove.
- Chop the chocolate: While the cream is heating, chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate. Stir gently to distribute the chocolate through the cream and then let it sit for a few minutes to give the chocolate time to soften and melt.
- Stir the mixture: With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the ganache. At first it might look spotty and broken but keep stirring until it comes together in a creamy mass.
- Let the ganache set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes then whisk to a smooth spreadable consistency before covering the cheesecake. Chill for at least. 3 hours before serving.
White chocolate ganache recipe adapted from here
Galaxy cheesecake recipe adapted from here