From Mary Berry 100 Cakes and Bakes. Nice and simple recipe without too much to add together.
- For the base
- 150g milk chocolate digestive biscuits
- 75g butter
- For the cheesecake
- 150g plain chocolate
- 675g soft cheese
- 225g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Lightly grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Crush the biscuits in a zip food bag and pulvise into crumb – or use a food processor. Melt the butter and stir, in a bowl, into the crumbs then press into the cake tin. Put the biscuit base in the fridge to set.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simming water in a pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the cheese in a large bowl until soft. Add the sugar and beat again until well mixed. Add the vanilla then the eggs, one at a time.
- Spoon half the cheese mixture onto the biscuit base in dollops, separating the spoonfuls. Add the melted chocolate to the remaining cheese mixture and stir well to mix. Spoon the chocolate mixture in between the plain mixture. Swirl the top with a knife to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake becomes puffy around the edges but is still very soft in the centre. Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool.
- Chill well and then loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the tin using a small palette knife. Serve well chilled.